Monday, September 13, 2010

Tutor - Create Fish-Eye Lens Effect Using Photoshop

Here I have a photo of the Boston skyline, taken with a 18-200mm lens at 18mm:



The first thing I’ll do is select the elliptical marquee tool from the tool bar:



As I’m making my selection on the photograph, I’ll hold down the Shift key on my keyboard to keep the circle proportionally round. I’ll try to make the selection as big as I can without extending outside the photo. Then I’ll center it over the portion of the photo that I think is most interesting. While I’m centering the circle, I’ll make sure that I still have the elliptical marquee tool selected:



The next thing I’ll do is reverse the selection, so that I’m selecting everything in the photo except the circle so that I can get rid of the background. I’ll go to Select/Inverse



Now I’ll hit the Delete key on my keyboard. The background will turn white:

Now I can use the tool to center the circle:



Now I do the again, because I want to make the background black:



I’ll use the paint bucket tool from the tool bar to fill the background black:



Now for the last time I’ll do a Select/Inverse



The next step is to give the circle the fisheye look. Here I’ll go to Filter/Distort/Spherize



Here the Spherize dialog box comes up. I’ll make the amount 100% and I’ll set the Mode to “Normal”:

< I’ll hit CTRL-D on my keyboard to deselect. Then I’ll just crop out some extra black background.:
 

Here is the finished photo:



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and have fun playing with Photoshop.

P/S ; I copied from How TO Create A Fisheye Lens Effect Using Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment